
Is it just me, or does it seem to take longer and longer to spring back into shape? I used to be able to exercise for a couple days, eat healthy and BAM, just like that... I was my old self. Now I just feel old. I'd like to blame it on my potassium levels (this is my new obsession), but no, deep down I know it's also the lack of activity and extremely poor diet (resulting in low potassium levels) I've subjected my body to over the past four months. Why do I do this every year?!!!
So anyway, I am now trying to get back on track, eating more fresh veggies and fruits. Does this get old?, YES IT DOES. It's only been a week and I cannot stuff another pepper, apple, banana (high in potassium) down my throat or eat anymore nuts (also high in potassium). This is why I LOVE MY VITAMIX.
Vitamixers make life better. I'm not exaggerating! I can throw a tomato, carrot, grapes, bananas, yogurt, spinach and strawberries into the thing and within seconds I get a super healthy, no preservative breakfast that is delicious. Zero white sugar and zero table salt. You can also chop vegetables, heat soup, make ice cream, etc in it, and there are no blades to clean... it is self cleaning!, well, sort of.
Here are two of my favorite recipes:
Shrek ice cream:
1 C of ice
1 banana
1 handful of spinach
1/4 lime (rind on)
1/4 - 1/2 container of white grape juice concentrate (I use frozen grapes instead)
sprig of mint
- Whip all of the ingredients together and your kids will love the bright green color. It tastes like lime sorbet!
Orange smoothie:
1 C of ice
1 orange (peeled and quartered)
1 tsp orange peel
1/2 C orange juice
2 big spoonfuls of Greek yogurt
splash of vanilla
1 banana
honey or again frozen grapes to add a little sweet
-Whip it all together and it is a fantastic breakfast or lunch. Very refreshing!!!
You can add other things too like protein powders or flax seed. I tried adding coconut once, but that wasn't good. Trust me.
www.vitamix.com
No comments:
Post a Comment