Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Seriously?

"There's Black Friday, then there'sTarget Tuesday.
In a scene that was reminiscent of the shopping frenzy that typically comes on the day after Thanksgiving, Target's website crashed several times throughout the day and more than hundred shoppers lined up at many of its stores early in the morning on Tuesday for a sale of limited offerings of its Missoni for Target collection of bikes, luggage, clothes and housewares.
The 400-piece line made by the Italian luxury knitwear designer Missoni exclusively for the cheap chic retailer features its trademark zig-zag patterns for between $2.99 for stationary and $599.99 for patio furniture -- a fraction of the price of the designer's real duds that can cost $595 to $1,500.
"This was Missoni mayhem," said Joshua Thomas, a Target spokesman. "This is unprecedented."
Okay, so while I think the Missoni line for Target is kind of cute, I don't know that it is worth the "mayhem that ensued" this morning. To me it looks a lot like the other brands they regularly carry. Nevertheless, feeling a little curious after reading this article, I went in to check out what all the ruckus was about and am extremely underwhelmed. I can only take so much zig-zag or chevron and have no desire to throw someone into a full-on epileptic seizure upon entering a room or walking down the street. However, BRAVO to Target and Missoni's brilliant marketing team. When the time comes for me to unveil my own line of nothing but, oh I don't know, matelasse 70's inspired sweater dresses, ottomans, makeup bags and rubber boots etc..., I'm totally giving them a call!

2 comments:

Mia said...

The line doesn't fire me up, so I was shocked that it crashed the site. I'll have to see it in person.

Suzanne said...

Uhhh. I lived that line and I don't want to go back. Just saying...

WWMD

"My professional life has been centered on the home, the well being of the family and everything that these subjects encompass. When I began working in this area more than 25 years ago, the subject of homemaking as it relates to families was largely overlooked, though the interest was clearly broad and the desire for information strong. My colleagues and I soon discovered we were satisfying a deeply felt unmet need."

Martha Stewart, U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging, April 16, 2008