Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Boulevard of Broken Thumbs


I broke my thumb, or something like that. It's been swollen for two days and I can't really move it. So, I went to Urgent Care and now I have to see an Orthopedist. It hurts like the dickens and I feel somewhat like a cripple. Did I mention Grace has had the stomach flu on top of this?
So, I tried to clean house today and felt all brave. Soon there will be inspirational videos and movies made about how courageous I am. "Look how brave she is! She can fix her daughters hair with one hand and her teeth." My biography will be called, "Boulevard of Broken Thumbs" and I'll be on the cover with a brave but pained smile. Hey, maybe I'll be able to meet Martha or better yet, be on her show! I know we'll be BFF someday. So anyway, I have to wear a splint and a sling.

My posts will be short for a while, because I have to conserve energy. It's hard to type with your toes.

5 comments:

Renee said...

Tremendous title to this blog entry, Renee. It's about time you went in to see the doctor! Wouldn't you pay money to travel back in time to see how you chipped it?

Renee said...

Hey, That's not me! Is that you Scott? It says Renee instead of Scott. I'm so confused.

The P*dunc's said...

man that sucks! how DID you brake it?

The Millers said...

Be honest. Did you brake it on purpose in hopes of meeting Martha?

Renee said...

I don't know how. There's a broken piece of bone that's lodged in there, so I have to see another doctor on Tues. So weird! I love that picture of Paul by the way!

WWMD

"My professional life has been centered on the home, the well being of the family and everything that these subjects encompass. When I began working in this area more than 25 years ago, the subject of homemaking as it relates to families was largely overlooked, though the interest was clearly broad and the desire for information strong. My colleagues and I soon discovered we were satisfying a deeply felt unmet need."

Martha Stewart, U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging, April 16, 2008