Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thankful Thursday


What am I thankful for?

1. I am thankful my talented son made the high school drum line his first year. So happy for him!

2. I am thankful for good health and the ability to dig up the hard, inhospitable Tennessee clay. I have been quite a Debbie Downer lately (see previous post), but only because I'm physically exhausted and maybe a little psychotic from the heat. Taking two days off from the rigors of gardening will be a good thing!

3. I am thankful for pantyliners. WHAT?! ....Hey, when a child gets a nasty cut and you don't have gauze or band aids within reach, these babies do the trick! Very "sanitary", no pun intended, and very absorbent.

4. I am thankful for frozen burritos, pizza, egg rolls, etc. Gross, I know, but it's been a busy summer.

and 5. I am thankful for big time retail sales. I'm off to get my son clothes for Youth Conference (dress code: collard shirts and long pants without holes... we have neither right now) and I'm on a budget!

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

All great things to be thankful for! Congratulations to your son - that's a huge accomplishment for a freshman.

Kristen said...

Congratulations to Oliver! Awesome! And thanks for the alternate bandaid info. Good to know!

Mia said...

Way to go Oliver!!! Good idea with the panyliners, never would have though of that one! Have fun shopping :)

Janine said...

Go Oliver!

And I love retail sales - in the states. Montana - here I come!

Also, why don't you post a picture of the dress, and any shoe choices to see what people think?

If you do, I will blog about it and ask my fashion savvy in-laws to look at your blog. Me, not so fashion-savvy - and I need to see the shoe/dress combo to decide.

Unknown said...

PANTY LINERS..what the heck...never would of that of that...but ingenious!

My sister tried to pay for her lunch at Burger King with $2 and a panty liner once...in her defense, she just reached in her purse and handed over what she thought was 3 dollar bills....fun fun memory.

I HATE gardening in TN..if the soil wasn't bad enough, just add in the humidity and the bugs.

I think we should leave the gardening to mother nature.

Stacey said...

YEAH for Oliver! Congrats to him.

And loved your thankfuls, fun yet true :)

Mother 25 - 8 said...

Your blog is very fun for me!

WWMD

"My professional life has been centered on the home, the well being of the family and everything that these subjects encompass. When I began working in this area more than 25 years ago, the subject of homemaking as it relates to families was largely overlooked, though the interest was clearly broad and the desire for information strong. My colleagues and I soon discovered we were satisfying a deeply felt unmet need."

Martha Stewart, U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging, April 16, 2008