Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Grilled Bruschetta Chicken


I don't know about you guys, but I'm loving this spring weather! Being outside is a joy after the long cold winter we've had, AND being able to finally open my grill and cook dinner without making a mess inside is awesome! So, here is an easy recipe that I may have already shared before, but either way, try it if you haven't. It's really delicious and super fast.


Bruschetta Chicken from Kraft Foods-
Ingredients:
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1/4 cup KRAFT Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing, divided
1 tomato, finely chopped
1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
HEAT grill to medium heat.
COVER half the grill grate with sheet of heavy-duty foil. Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag. Add 2 Tbsp. dressing; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with dressing. Refrigerate 10 min. Remove chicken from bag; discard bag and dressing.
PLACE chicken on uncovered side of grill; cover with lid. Grill 6 min. Meanwhile, combine remaining dressing, tomatoes, cheese and basil.
TURN chicken over; place on foil. Top with tomato mixture. Grill, covered, grill 8 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF).


I typically serve this on some pasta (angel hair is my favorite), with bag salad and good bread. I hope you like it.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Definitely will have to try this one. It looks so fresh and delicious!

Mia said...

Half way through I was like what's the point of the foil if you put the chicken on the uncovered side! Good thing I read through to the end, I would have just been wondering all day long...

WWMD

"My professional life has been centered on the home, the well being of the family and everything that these subjects encompass. When I began working in this area more than 25 years ago, the subject of homemaking as it relates to families was largely overlooked, though the interest was clearly broad and the desire for information strong. My colleagues and I soon discovered we were satisfying a deeply felt unmet need."

Martha Stewart, U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging, April 16, 2008