I don't have a ton of time this morning but I have 3 things to post. So, I'm going to combine, even though they have nothing in common.
First of all, I have to call myself out. A lot of my friends run, and have finished or are now training for marathons. I have no desire to do this, BUT, I seem to get some kind of satisfaction from telling others about their accomplishments. For example, a group of sisters from church are getting ready to run the "Music City half Marathon" soon. (They have a blog and I'll post the link when I remember it) One of these sisters is my visiting teaching partner Jessica. She came over a few weeks ago and was telling me a little about their running group and asked me if I wanted to join. I, of course, declined, but proceeded to tell her about all my other friends who run marathons as if I had something to do with their success. That is so weird and yes, embarrassing. I'm going to stop doing this.
___________
Second, my kids inspire me. Spencer and Grace don't get along. Actually Spencer is mean to his younger sister Grace. We get onto him all the time about this because it's mean, and Grace totally looks up to him. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, Grace and I were talking about having hurt feelings and I told her that I knew Spencer hurt her feelings, but to ignore him because he was just a silly boy. She told me that he didn't so much any more. I was surprised, but even more so when she explained... Spencer told her that his New Year's resolution was to be nice to her. So sweet, especially if you know my Spencer!!!
___________
Last but not least, I had a small window of opportunity this morning to start reading the April edition of the Ensign magazine. President Monson, our new prophet, wrote an article titled, "Treasure of Eternal Value" and I wanted to share just a couple of the things he said:
He quotes the Savior from the Sermon on the Mount... "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
Then continues in his own words...
"I wish to provide the three pieces of your treasure map to guide you to your eternal happiness. They are:
1. Learn from the past
2.Prepare for the future
3.Live in the present
"If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear."
My treasure surely is my family, so I need to stop blogging right now and play with Sophia since she just finished her breakfast. Just finished about an hour ago.
5 comments:
came across your blog from i am funny gal, like what you post even though you are not a romney or war supporter - i think i like you anyway. (just please tell me you're not an obama supporter!)
Thanks for the motivation to break my Ensign out of the plastic. I had forgotten it arrived...love this.
My brother was a Cross Country State Champ his senior year in HS. He's so fast. My bro-in-law loves to run in marathons and he coaches HS XC. He's so fast. Paul's sister's run marathons. They are so fast. Paul's brother and sister ran a half marathon (Rex Lee cancer run for my mom-in-law). They ran really fast.
I am totally making fun of you! You know I love you! But I do agree with you. Because all of these people run and I watch them, I feel like I know everything about running.
Really, though, have you ever watched a marathon? It is quite an emotional experience, no joke! To see everyone cross the finish line and think of all the work that they put into getting their...tears come to my eyes. It always makes me feel like I want to start running again, but then I remind myself how much I hate to run!
I have to tell you the funniest thing at church tomorrow, don't forget to ask me. I love love love your blog. You made me laugh about a hundred times. I am so glad we are connected now :)
Yeah, I must admit, when I ran the Richmond I got teary eyed at the start. Thousands of people ready to torture themselves. It was weird emotional. And since I ran with the "nursing home" pack, I must admit, I also felt so much pride for all the old people I was running with. Most of them beat me, too. Matt started wondering where I was when he saw all the elderlies crossing the finish line and where was Erika? My goal was to finish, and that's it.
Post a Comment