
I love salads and am so excited that spring is here and the weather is right for eating light! One of my favorite things to do is test recipes and either keep them, dump them, or more often than not, tweak them. Here is a really good one that I found in a cookbook Julie P gave me. I changed a few things, and included a delicious honey mustard dressing.
Renee's Salad is a Meal:
1 bag mixed salad greens
crumbled blue cheese or feta
2 handfuls of craisins (Ocean Spray is the best)
3-4 chopped green onions
sweet and spicy walnuts
honey mustard dressing
-Layer and enjoy.
Sugared walnuts:
-Make a simple syrup (water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat) and add a pinch of dried red pepper. Stir in walnuts and stir until the liquid is gone and the walnuts are coated with white sugar. Then put them on a cookie sheet and bake for just a few minutes at 350. Cool.
Honey Mustard Dressing:
1/2 C apple cider vinegar
2 TBSP of coarse ground Dijon mustard
5 TBSP of honey
2 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
1 green onion minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 C extra virgin olive oil
-Shake it up really well or put it in a food processor. Chill and pour over your salad. This is really good served with crispy chicken strips too! I hope you all try it and like it.
Happy Spring Everyone!
6 comments:
Yum! I love salads. My mother-in-law makes some great ones. I am going to have to give this a shot! I ate way too much junk over Spring Break :P
You just described my fav salad except for the honey mustard. I like rasberry vinagrette. You are making me hungry.
Will you be my personal chef?
Thanks! I loved this salad. I made it for dinner just the other night. Now you need to post your lasagna recipe....
BEST SALAD EVER!!! I just tried it. It was incredible. I wouldn't change a thing...fantastic!
Ahh! Can't wait to make this dressing! Any recipe with a base of olive oil, honey & vinegar is bound to be a winner at my house! :)
Post a Comment