Saturday, January 24, 2009

Date Night

I felt inspired after reading this post: http://tylernewz.blogspot.com/2009/01/good-mom-fail.html written by Rachel, to make some changes.

Like many of you, I have more than the average 2.5 children and have a hard time making sure they each get enough one on one. Do I feel guilty sometimes.... absolutely. Should I work harder at making myself available.... yes.


Well, last night was one of those perfect nights when, through no planning of my own, 3 of the kids and Scott had somewhere fun to go all night. So, Sophia and I were left to bond! We decided to have a ladies night out and went into the "city" to see a movie. First we bought some junk food to sneak into the theatre.... raisonettes, Poki sticks, capri suns and dried mango pieces. I know, weird. (and no, Candice, I didn't eat any of the mangoes and break out in the dreaded beard and mustache hives). I was tempted though.

"Bedtime Stories" was so funny! Sophie kept laughing and saying, "This is a super blast!!!"

We ended the night with some mediocre sushi and fell asleep together in the big bed. It was heaven.

7 comments:

Devri said...

I love girls night out..

Glad to see you had a great time.

Btw- make those, and I will for surely want to see them.. amazing.

fortune cookies. shoes..

come on, you rock my world.

Family said...

Wow can you make them for my kids too! Just kidding but if I am in a bind I might pass them on to you. :) We had sushi last night as a family and honestly I can only eat it with wasabi and ginger. I keep hearing that Bedtime Stories is great. Glad you had a great time.

Unknown said...

OH this sounds so fun.

We are really good to make sure dad gets date time, but I am with the kids so much that I don't worry so much about my own one on one..I need to do it.

Unknown said...

I heard that was such a good show, I have been having the same thoughts about my kids. I can relate with Rachel.

rachel said...

Awe, that is great! so glad I could inspire you to go have some fun :)

Mia said...

I had the same though after reading Rachel's post that date night needs to be a regular thing in our house. I think it is great that you got to go out together and have a good time!

The P*dunc's said...

sound like fun. It is good to know that this is a movie that you would take your kids to. I was a little worried, it being an Adam Sandler movie and all...

WWMD

"My professional life has been centered on the home, the well being of the family and everything that these subjects encompass. When I began working in this area more than 25 years ago, the subject of homemaking as it relates to families was largely overlooked, though the interest was clearly broad and the desire for information strong. My colleagues and I soon discovered we were satisfying a deeply felt unmet need."

Martha Stewart, U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging, April 16, 2008